Monday, April 1, 2013

An Irish themed bridal shoot

Monday, April 1, 2013

I've been dying to share some photos from a recent shoot I did with The Wedding Crew. The theme celebrated The Gathering; so we all dug deep to come up with our own take on what is to be Irish. I wanted to capture that ethereal Irish beauty and soft understated elegance.


Days like this allow me to meet other creative designers and I always come away buzzing with ideas. And I like being able to recommend these talented people to you.


This was my favourite photo from the day. January, (what a beautiful name) captures everything for me that reflects Irish beauty; porcelain skin, delicate features and a mane of gorgeous auburn hair. I designed this new piece especially for this shoot - it combines multi strands of gold crochet dotted with pearl and blue topaz drops. The headpiece continues in a single strand which is woven into the back of the hair. Lorraine Browne created all of the pretty hairstyles.


January and Jordan braved the extreme cold, to model in the sheerest of outfits. We had to wrap them in blankets in between shots!

Sarah Foy designed the dresses. I particularly loved this peach, chiffon-layered design with the tiniest hand-stitched beading trims. January wears a matching gold crochet bracelet with pearl drops. Jordan is the perfect foil in his 'Pennys' attire!


The second headpiece I designed is the 'Gold Lace' headwrap. It can be worn as a wide hairband, or across the forehead as you see here. I'm a big fan of transparent fabrics and this headpiece allows you to see either the skin or hair through the lattice design.


I had already met Claire from The Informal florist and her business name sums up my favourite kind of flowers - ones that look like they've just been plucked from nature and lovingly 'bunched' together! Although in reality, there is much more to it than that, I know. Claire's blog is filled with wild posies and stories about her love of flowers.


And finally, two fairly new businesses that are offering something different - Little Birds Bake made a whole dessert table filled with sweet bites. The coconut cupcakes were a new flavour sensation for me. Dusty Boy Designs are a stationery company run by make-up artist Kate Rose Crean and her husband Justin. Their designs combine vintage and contemporary elements with lots of fun lettering.

The trio that make up The Wedding Crew were busily working away behind the scenes to co-ordinate and capture all of the story. Lorraine Browne styled all the hair, Naomh Kirwan did the make-up and Paul Kelly was the photographer. Thanks for asking me to be involved in this project - it was a fun day working with all of you!

Here's the low-down on all these great businesses - lots of talent for you to choose from;

    Photographer: Paul Kelly | Studio3
    Photographers Assistant: Feena Kavanagh
    Location: Boyne Hill House
    Hair: Lorraine Browne
    Make Up: Naomh Kirwan
    Bridal Gowns:  Sarah Foy
    Jewellery: Rangoli
    Flowers: The Informal Florist
    Cakes: little birds bake
    Stationery: Dusty Boy Designs
    Models: January and Jordan from Morgan the Agency

No comments: